Our staff at Kings Park Physical Therapy has always stressed the benefits of exercise for the older person. We always employ specific, individualized exercise programs to assure these benefits are realized. These include, but are not limited to, blood-pressure control, diabetes control, enhancing muscle strength and balance, and prevention of osteoporosis.
35 to 40 percent of Kings Park Physical Therapy’s patients are over the age of sixty. The staff at KPPT evaluates and treats a variety of injuries and illnesses among the geriatric population.Common diagnoses include
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Diseases
- Cerebral Vascular Accident (stroke)
- Coordination and Balance Disorders
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Functional Limitations related to mobility
- Joint Replacements
- Neck and/or Low Back Pain
- Sports/Orthopedic Injuries
KPPT consists of a multidisciplinary team, utilizing physical therapists, (with certified strength and conditioning certification), athletic trainers, physical therapy aides, and massage therapists. The facility is proud of its individualized treatments, fall prevention, vestibular and dizziness management and fitness aftercare programs.